Making it Easy to Make a Difference
Giving back to the diverse communities we serve has long been a cornerstone of our company culture. We donate to nonprofits all year — we've already donated more than $9 million just in 2020 — but we especially enjoy giving back during the holiday season. This season, we've made it easy for our customers to join us in giving gifts that give back and to participate in experiences that benefit our charitable partners, Operation Warm, Big Brothers Big Sisters of the U.S. and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada.
Make Your Purchase Go Further:
- BLISS for you and for charity: We will donate a portion of the proceeds from sales of the BLISS plush throw to Operation Warm, a nonprofit that provides new winter coats to kids in need in our communities.
- Shop all giveback and sustainable brands: Easily search for brands and products that give back, are made with sustainably sourced materials or ingredients, responsibly manufactured and more through Sustainable Style. We even put together a gift guide with products from this list.
- Buy a gift card that gives back: Not sure what to buy? Can't go wrong with a gift card where 1% of all gift card sales will go to nonprofits across the U.S. and Canada.
- Purchase a Sponsor A Moment Tag at Nordstrom Rack: Starting December 1, customers can help match caring adult mentors with young people in their communities by purchasing a $10 Sponsor A Moment tag at any Nordstrom Rack or donate online to support Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Hang with Santa, give like Santa:
- Look the part: Nordstrom Nordstrom NYC is selling personalized Santa Sacks and donating $1 from every sale to Good+Foundation, with a minimum donation of $10,000. Santa Sacks are a fun, eco-friendly alternative to gift wrap. The reusable burlap bags are available at the Nordstrom NYC Flagship, Men's Store and Nordstrom Locals in West Village and Upper East Side through December 31.
- Virtual Santa Chats: This year, we're excited to offer a new, personalized, virtual chat experience — a private, 15-minute video call with Santa himself! Tickets can be purchased here for $20 and 100% of the proceeds benefit Operation Warm and Big Brothers Big Sisters of America. Check out the video below for some memories already made.
Of course, we're still focused on sustainability throughout the holidays. Our gift bags, gift wrap and gift cards are all 100% recyclable. This year our customers can get crafty with our shopping bags. Our medium bag can be transformed into an origami heart or handbag, and our large bags with their festive design can be converted into gift tags, wrapping paper, mobiles, tree decorations and whatever else they're inspired to create.
Click here for more on all that's happening at Nordstrom this holiday season. You can also visit our CSR page for our latest sustainability and charitable giving efforts.