2021 Nordstrom Impact Report
2021 Nordstrom Impact Report
Today, we released our 2021 Impact Report, which shares the progress made toward our 2025 Corporate Social Responsibility goals and a look back on the previous year’s commitments to responsible business. We remain committed to working to reduce our impact on the environment, give back to communities, cultivate safe workplaces for the people who make our products, and strive to provide our employees with a great place to work—we are pleased to celebrate our goals for 2025 and the progress we’ve made.
We know our impact extends well beyond the walls of our stores and online operations, we must continue to prioritize responsible business practices to work toward a more positive, inclusive and sustainable future. Take a look at a few 2021 key milestones.
We're committed to making meaningful contributions to the communities where we operate and produce goods, to promoting the highest principles of diversity, inclusion and belonging, and to protecting human rights across our value chain.
- Donated more than 40,000 pairs of shoes to kids in need with Shoes That Fit and 17,000 warm winter coats with Operation Warm
- Donated nearly $11 million to 325 organizations in communities where we do business.
- Gave $3.6 million to 2,871 non-profits through our Employee Matching Donation program.
- Worked to strengthen the existing framework of our eight existing Employee Resource Groups. To make them more accessible to all employees we implemented a technology platform enabling thousands of store employees across the U.S. and Canada to join, if interested.
We take responsibility for the impacts of our business and embrace innovations that raise the bar for environmental issues in fashion and retail. We are setting science-based goals to address climate change and are working to reduce waste and responsibly use water and natural resources.
- Met our goal to help customers extend the life of 250 tons of clothing through donation, resale and refurbishment.
- Met our goal to contribute $250,000 in corporate donations to help slow and prevent climate change.
- Joined the Clean Energy Buyers Association (CEBA), a community of nearly 300 energy customers and partners committed to achieving a 90% carbon-free U.S. electricity system by 2030.
- Expanded Nordstrom BEAUTYCYCLE to Canada and took back 5.99 tons of beauty packaging., which The program was also awarded Good Housekeeping's 2021 Sustainable Innovation Award.
- We sourced new, thinner poly mailers with 50% recycled content resulting in an estimated 192-ton reduction annually.
- We collected over 46 tons of clothing, shoes and accessories in 13 stores and through our mail-in program with Give Back Box.
- We partnered with Forterra to offset our Puget Sound store emissions for 2021 through the Evergreen Carbon Capture Program.
As a retail company, we understand the role we play in offering products from a diverse range of vendors, including Black- and Latinx-owned, -operated and -designed brands, to appeal to an equally diverse range of customers. We are also working to lessen the social and environmental impacts of the products we sell and are expanding our offering of sustainably sourced.
- Signed the 15 Percent Pledge and committed to buy 10x more merchandise from Black-owned and -founded businesses by 2030.
- Added 145 Black- and Latinx- owned, -operated and -designed brands to our assortment and created Latinx- and Black-owned and -founded shopping categories on Nordstrom.com.
- Raised more than $2 million to support homeless youth through sales of Treasure & Bond products.
- Produced nearly 45% of Nordstrom Made products in factories that invest in women's empowerment training.
We’re continually pushing ourselves to be a better company. Progress isn’t possible without partnership, so we’re collaborating with other retailers and brands in addition to relying on the
support and contributions of our own people. Our hope is that we can work toward a promising future together, to leave the world better than we found it. Read the full Impact Report here or visit our media kit.